Wednesday, September 16, 2009

sketch sketch


last night after watching too many you tube videos (a most incredible time suck) i decided to attempt some figure sketching. i havent sketched in a really really long time. aside from not being able to find a pencil sharpener OR an eraser, i did get a few things down that looked passably like parts of myself (though dont think for a minute i would post them here); which reminded me of one of my favorite artists, ethan murrow.

his works are massive (think 12' long by 6'high)and are done entirely with a pencil- so i think he may have carpel tunel or something unfortunate (which conversely makes his art more valuable- a concept that bugs me) but either way, he is fantastic. tomorrow i'll tell you who evan's favorite artist is. he totally creeps me out- channeling creepy fawns and abe lincoln and little girls with googlie eyes- take a stab if you think you know who it is. pun for sure intended.

2 comments: